Sunday, May 11, 2014

I feel like as this project goes on, my focus keeps shifting from working on one particular piece, to just finally playing all of the pieces I've wanted to but never had time or a reason to look at. Hmm...I smell a name change for my blog coming up.

This week I tried to work on the ending of the Liebesleid (I just learned that I'd been spelling it wrong all this time. Thanks Jasmine!). I talked with my mentor about it, and I think it's improved a little! Sadly the rest of the piece is still really disjointed, but it's slowly making its way there.
Here it is:
I've got a question for any of you who actually read my blog: should I start an "on request" video system? I think it'd be cool to ask for requests each week and then upload a video at the end of the week with one of those requests. What do you think?

For the "fun piece of the week" (I think that's what I'll call it from now on) I took a look at the "menuet" from Debussy's Suite Bergamesque (the same Suite we get "clair de lune" from.)










7 comments:

  1. I would make a request but have no idea of what to choose. You play beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly have a beautiful talent! I too love playing piano and I have 2 recommended pieces, Mozart Fantasia in D minor and Durand Valse in E flat. You should definitely check them out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great presentation - and I love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youre very talented and passionate in your subject its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't read my blog >< stay away

    ReplyDelete